Nonthaburi, Thailand’s second-largest city is known as the rural area of Bangkok because of its slow and organic life. There are several new and beautiful temples to visit. The vast native market near Nonthaburi provides a taste of local culture and life. It’s simple to visit Bangkok from Nonthaburi by road or river stream boat.
Nonthaburi offers a suburban life to those who want to live close to nature but also near the metropolitan city, Bangkok. Pak Kret city has a lot of expat communities, all of which are within easy distance of numerous foreign colleges. Nichada Thani is the most popular neighbourhood which is a gated community with 800 residences with a lake, shopping arcade, sports facilities, and International Bangkok School.
If you’re looking for a home around Nonthaburi (บ้าน นนทบุรี, term in Thai), check the Homeday website. This website is created by “Homeday Group Co., Ltd. The website contains all detailed information about various properties in Bangkok and nearby areas. If you’re looking for a condo or a home, they have every detail about real estate.
People interested in property in Nonthaburi often consider it a second home. However, to their surprise, Nonthaburi has many things that can reconsider them to change it to permanent residence –
- Nonthaburi dates back over 400 years when Ayutthaya was the capital.
- The city was founded in Tambon Ban Talat Khwan, a fruit orchard where the river Chao Praya and numerous other canals meet.
- As a result King Prasat Thong dictated the creation of a short canal to Wat Khema against the old canal from the south of Wat Thai Muang flowing into Om River to Bang Yai.
- After the new canal was constructed, the river’s flow was changed to the new route, which is still in use today.
- In 1665, King Narai the Great recognized that the new path brought adversaries dangerously close to the city.
- As a result, he ordered that a fortress be built at the mouth of the Om River. Thus, Nonthaburi was relocated to its current location.
Two highways connect Nonthaburi to Bangkok, the Chaeng Wattana and the Vipawadi-Rangsit expressways. The Skytrain in Bangkok doesn’t go to Nonthaburi, but the nearest station is Victory Monument.
There are private hospitals in Muang, Pak Kret and Bang Yai.
- The small island of Koh Kret in the Chao Phraya River.
- Wat Chalerm Phra Kiat the royal temple is situated on the western side of the Chao Phraya River bank.
- The European-style Old City Hall.
- The Humanity Museum, located adjacent to the Old City Hall.
- Wat Ku Temple that was constructed during the period that Phra Cheng.
- The popular compound of Wat Chonlaprathan Rangsarit located in Pakkred District.
- The riverside Wat Khema Phirataram featuring the main pagoda, called ‘Phra Maha Chedi.
- Wat Khema Phirataram Ratchaworawihan located on the eastern side of the Chao Phraya River bank.
- Anthropology Museum, the first natural history museum in Thailand.
- The Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat, a royal monastery situated to the western side of the Chao Phraya River
Nonthaburi is the best choice for those who want to stay close to nature and away from the hustle and bustle of city life.